Pick Your Party! Cupcake Kit
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 28g Servings Per Container: 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 300 Calories From Fat: 20 120 Total Fat: 2g 14g Total Fat (%): 3% 22% Saturated Fat: 1g 8g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 40% Cholesterol: 0mg 30mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 10% Sodium: 160mg 170mg Sodium (%): 7% 7% Total Carbohydrate: 23g 43g Total Carbohydrate (%): 8% 14% Sugars: 14g 34g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: <1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 8% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 4% 6% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Cupcake Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Skim Milk Solids, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Emulsifier (Monoglycerides, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid), Baking Soda, Salt.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake,.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors.
You will need:
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
12 baking liners (not included)
8 TBSP. room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP. milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 12 muffin cups with baking liners (not included).
2. Using an electric mixer, combine cupcake mix, butter, water, and egg whites* in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Divide batter evenly into 3 bowls and add up to half of the contents of the red color powder pouch to one of them, stirring well to combine. Repeat with the second bowl and blue color powder pouch. Keep the last bowl white and reserve remaining color powders for tinting frosting.
4. Working with one color at a time, use a teaspoon or a small muffin scoop to distribute a little bit of batter among the 12 baking liners. HINT: Place the batter in one section of the baking liner and the next color next to it. Continue in this fashion until each baking liner has three colors of batter and all cupcake batter has been distributed among the liners.
5. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
1. Beat room temperature butter with mixer on HIGH until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
3. Divide frosting evenly into 3 bowls and add remaining color powders to two of them, stirring well to combine, and keeping last bowl white.
4. Drape one of the small piping bags over edges of a glass to make filling easier and use a spatula to fill with the red frosting. Cut 3/4-inch off the tip, twist the top of the piping bag to close, and gently squeeze frosting to the tip of the bag. Set aside, and repeat process with the blue frosting and second small piping bag.
5. Drape the large piping bag over edges of a glass to hold it open. Squeeze the blue frosting along the left seam of the open piping bag starting at the bottom working outward. Repeat the process with the red frosting, squeezing along the seam on the opposite side of the bag. Now, use a spoon and plop the white frosting right into the middle of the piping bag. Twist the bag to close, cut a 3/4-inch tip, and squeeze onto your cupcakes in a circular motion. The frostings will mix and combine to create a unique tie-dyed affect.
6. Place one pick ** into each Pick Your Party! cupcake and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 1/2 cup flour to mix; decrease water to 1/3 cup. Mix only until well blended. Makes 15.
**Remove pick prior to eating.
Yield: 12 Pick Your Party! Cupcakes