Guinness Beer Bread Mix
Serving Size: approx. 3 TBSP Serving Size Grams: 30g Servings Per Container: about 16 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 110 Calories From Fat: 0 0 Total Fat: 0g g Total Fat (%): 0% % Saturated Fat: 0g g Saturated Fat (%): 0% % Cholesterol: 0mg mg Cholesterol (%): 0% % Sodium: 350mg mg Sodium (%): 15% % Total Carbohydrate: 23g g Total Carbohydrate (%): 8% % Sugars: 6g g Dietary Fiber: <1g g Dietary Fiber (%): 2% % Protein: 2g g Vitamin A (%): 0% % Vitamin C (%): 0% % Calcium (%): 10% % Iron (%): 6% %INGREDIENTS:
: Self-Rising Flour [Bleached Wheat Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Enzyme], Sugar, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Natural Beer Flavor, Natural Flavors, Salt.
You will need:
1 1/2 cup Guinness
1/3 cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease a 9×5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Slowly pour stout into a mixing bowl and let head settle. Add molasses and stir well with a wooden spoon to combine. Add mix pouch and stir until combined and dry mix is fully incorporated. HINT: Mix until combined, but avoid over mixing or the batter could deflate.
3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350˚F.
4. Turn oven down to 325˚F and continue baking for 45 to 60 more minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out completely clean. NOTE: Every oven is different; monitor carefully after 45 minutes. The bread should have pulled away from the sides of the pan and the top should no longer look shiny.
4. Remove from oven and let cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack and allowing to cool completely. Cut into slices and serve. Delicious toasted and topped with honey butter or blackberry jam.
Yield: 16 servings