Pinwheel Cookie Mix
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 24g Servings Per Container: about 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 90 130 Calories From Fat: 0 40 Total Fat: 0g 4.5g Total Fat (%): 0% 7% Saturated Fat: 0g 2.5g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 12% Cholesterol: 0mg 25mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 8% Sodium: 70mg 75mg Sodium (%): 3% 3% Total Carbohydrate: 21g 21g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 7% Sugars: 11g 11g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 2% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt.
Red Color Powder: Dextrose, Red 40 Lake.
Green Color Powder: Dextrose, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.
Sparkling Sugar: Sugar, Carnauba Wax.
You will need:
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
plastic wrap, for rolling
1. Lightly grease baking sheet with butter or cooking spray and set aside. Combine cookie mix, butter and egg*. Mix until well blended.
2. Divide dough into thirds. In a small bowl, combine one portion of dough and the red color pouch. Mix with hands until color is evenly distributed, gather into a ball, and set aside. Wash your hands to remove colorant and repeat with a second portion and the green color pouch. Leave the third portion of dough uncolored.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the green cookie dough to a 4×10-inch rectangle. Repeat with each remaining dough balls. Stack the white on top of the green, and the red on top of the white. Press together gently.
4. Roll into a tight log along the long side of the rectangle and wrap carefully in plastic wrap. Place dough in freezer for 10 minutes to chill and make slicing easier.
5. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Remove cookie dough from freezer and use a sharp knife to slice off the jagged ends, exposing the colored pinwheel. Slice dough into 3/16-inch rounds. HINT: After each slice, roll dough forward slightly to expose a different side to the blade and help retain a circular shape. If dough begins to soften, place back in freezer for a few minutes to chill.
6. Place sliced cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake 8 to10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden. HINT: Thicker cookies may need longer baking time; thinner cookies may bake faster. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely. Arrange Pinwheel Cookies on a serving platter and enjoy!
* High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 3 TBSP. flour and 2 TBSP. water to mix. Mix as directed. Place dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes before beginning rolling process.
Yield: about 24 Pinwheel Sugar Cookies