Snyder’s Honey Mustard & Onion Soft Pretzel Mix w/Onion Dip Mix
Serving Size: 1/6 of package Serving Size Grams: 63g Servings Per Container: 6 MIX PREPARED Calories: 220 220 Calories From Fat: 5 5 Total Fat: 1g g Total Fat (%): 2% % Saturated Fat: 0g g Saturated Fat (%): 0% % Cholesterol: 0mg mg Cholesterol (%): 0% % Sodium: 420mg mg Sodium (%): 18% % Total Carbohydrate: 49g g Total Carbohydrate (%): 16% % Sugars: 13g g Dietary Fiber: 2g g Dietary Fiber (%): 8% % Protein: 6g g Vitamin A (%): 2% % Vitamin C (%): 8% % Calcium (%): 2% % Iron (%): 10% %INGREDIENTS:
Onion Dip Mix: Onion Powder, Salt, Dried Minced Onion, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Dried Parsley.
Dry Yeast: Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Ascorbic Acid.
Soft Pretzel Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Salt.
Honey Mustard Mix: Honey Powder, Vinegar Solids, Mustard Seed Powder, Salt, Natural Flavor, Dehydrated Onion, Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn), Spice Extracts.
You will need:
For pretzel mix: Dipping solution:
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP. warm water (115˚F) 4 cups water
1 tsp. sugar 6 TBSP. baking soda
For onion dip:
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Combine sugar, yeast and warm water in mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the pretzel mix to the mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer, wooden spoon or dough whisk to stir just until dough comes together.
3. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until it becomes a smooth ball, about 3 minutes. HINT: If dough feels too dry, wet your hands and continue kneading dough until it comes together smoothly. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap, set in warm spot and let rise 1 hour. Dough may not double in size but will get puffy.
4. Preheat conventional oven to 475F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. Heat the dipping solution on the stovetop to a low boil.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 6 portions. Roll and stretch each piece into 16-inch ropes. Form and twist into pretzel shapes (see diagram below). NOTE: You can also cut each rope into 6 nuggets and continue as directed below.
7. Carefully place 2 or 3 twisted pretzels (or up to half of the nuggets) into dipping solution for 30 seconds or until pretzels float to the top of the water.
Use a slotted spoon to remove pretzels from water and place on prepared baking sheet leaving 2 inches of space between each pretzel. Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown. Remove pretzels from oven and let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
9. Place cooled pretzels in prepared plastic bag or bowl and close tightly. Shake to coat pretzels with seasoning. Transfer pretzels and dip to a serving platter and enjoy.
While pretzels are baking:
1. Ready a bag or lidded bowl to coat your pretzels by pouring the contents of Honey Mustard Seasoning Mix
2. Combine contents of onion dip pouch with sour cream and whisk well to combine.
Yield: 6 Snyder’s Honey Mustard & Onion Soft Pretzels or 36 Nuggets with 1/2 cup Onion Dip