Snyder’s Hot Buffalo Wing Soft Pretzel Mix w/Ranch Dip Mix
Serving Size: 1/6 of package Serving Size Grams: 59g Servings Per Container: 6 MIX PREPARED Calories: 210 210 Calories From Fat: 10 10 Total Fat: 1g g Total Fat (%): 2% % Saturated Fat: 0g g Saturated Fat (%): 0% % Cholesterol: 0mg mg Cholesterol (%): 0% % Sodium: 240mg mg Sodium (%): 10% % Total Carbohydrate: 45g g Total Carbohydrate (%): 15% % Sugars: 12g g Dietary Fiber: 2g g Dietary Fiber (%): 8% % Protein: 6g g Vitamin A (%): 6% % Vitamin C (%): 6% % Calcium (%): 2% % Iron (%): 15% %INGREDIENTS:
Spice Mix: Ground Mustard, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Cayenne Pepper, Ground Paprika, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Chili Powder.
Ranch Dip Mix: Buttermilk Powder [Buttermilk (Cultured), Whey Solids (Milk)], Garlic Powder, Dried Minced Onion, Onion Powder, Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Dried Parsley, Dried Dill, Dried Chives.
Dry Yeast: Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Ascorbic Acid.
Soft Pretzel Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Salt.
You will need:
For pretzel mix: Dipping solution:
1/2 cup + 2 TBSP. warm water (115˚F) 4 cups water
1 tsp. sugar 6 TBSP. baking soda
For ranch dip:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1. Combine sugar, yeast and warm water in mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the pretzel mix to the mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer, wooden spoon or dough whisk to stir just until dough comes together. Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until it becomes a smooth ball, about three minutes. HINT: If dough feels too dry, wet your hands and continue kneading dough until it comes together smoothly.
3. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap, set in warm spot, and let rise one hour. Dough may not double in size but will get puffy.
4. Preheat conventional oven to 475F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. Heat the dipping solution on the stovetop to a low boil.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 6 portions. Roll and stretch each piece into 16-inch ropes. Form and twist into pretzel shapes (see diagram below). NOTE: You can also cut each rope into 6 to 8 nugget sized bites and continue as directed below.
7. Carefully place 2 or 3 twisted pretzels (or up to half of the nuggets) into dipping solution for 30 seconds or until pretzels float to the top of the water. Use a slotted spoon to remove pretzels from water and place on prepared baking sheet leaving 2 inches of space between each pretzel. Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown. Remove pretzels from oven and let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
9. Place cooled pretzels in prepared plastic bag or bowl and close tightly. Shake to coat pretzels with seasoning. Transfer pretzels and dip to a serving platter and enjoy.
While pretzels are baking:
1. Ready a bag or lidded bowl to coat your pretzels by pouring in Buffalo seasoning.
2. Combine contents of ranch dip pouch with mayonnaise and sour cream and whisk well to combine.
Yield: 6 Snyder’s Hot Buffalo Wing Soft Pretzels with Ranch Dip