Birthday Cake Cupcake Sundae Kit
Serving Size: 1/8 of package Serving Size Grams: 34g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 140 400 Calories From Fat: 20 160 Total Fat: 2g 19g Total Fat (%): 3% 55% Saturated Fat: 1g 11g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 55% Cholesterol: 0mg 65mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 22% Sodium: 160mg 170mg Sodium (%): 7% 7% Total Carbohydrate: 28g 58g Total Carbohydrate (%): 9% 19% Sugars: 18g 47g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: <1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 10% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 4% 6% Iron (%): 4% 6%INGREDIENTS:
Cupcake Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Skim Milk Solids, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Emulsifier (Monoglycerides, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid), Baking Soda, Salt.
Frosting Mix: Natural And Artificial Flavors, Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch).
Food Color: Dextrose, Blue 1 Lake.
Chewy Cherry Drops: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Dextrose, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Malic Acid, Acacia Gum, Citric Acid, Confectioner’s Glaze, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Red 40.
Confetti Sprinkles: Sugar, Corn Starch, Tapioca Starch, Non-Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Xanthan Gum, Artificial Flavor, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 3, Yellow 6.
You will need:
For vanilla cake
1/3 cup water
3 TBSP. room temperature butter
8 baking liners
For marshmallow frosting
8 TBSP. room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP. milk
1. Preheat conventional oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with 8 liners (not included).
2. Combine cupcake mix, water, butter and egg*. Using an electric mixer, mix on LOW just until well combined. Divide batter into two mixing bowls.
3. Pour half of the blue color into one of the bowls and whisk until well combined. Set remaining food color aside for use in frosting.
3. Use a teaspoon or a small muffin scoop to distribute a little bit of each batter among the 8 baking liners. HINT: Place one color of batter in one section of the baking liner and the other color next to it. Continue in this fashion until all cupcake batter has been distributed among the liners.
4. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
1. Beat room temperature butter on HIGH until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add frosting mix, remaining food color and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
2. Cut 1 1/2 inches off the tip of the piping bag. Drop decorating tip into bag and push down firmly (half of tip should be exposed). Insert bag into a tall glass and pull down over the edge of the glass to hold it open. Use a spatula to fill with frosting. Twist top of bag to secure and squeeze frosting down to the tip.
3. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Refer to box for inspiration. Immediately top with rainbow confetti. Add a chewy cherry drop, to each Birthday Cake Cupcake Sundae, place on a serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 1/3 cup flour to mix; decrease water to 3 TBSP. Mix only until well-blended. Bake 375˚F 14 to 16 minutes. Makes 9.
Yield: 8 Birthday Cake Cupcake Sundaes