Rocky Road Cupcake Sundae Kit
Serving Size: 1/8 of package Serving Size Grams: 39g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 160 400 Calories From Fat: 40 170 Total Fat: 4g 19g Total Fat (%): 6% 29% Saturated Fat: 1.5g 12g Saturated Fat (%): 8% 60% Cholesterol: 0mg 65mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 22% Sodium: 170mg 180mg Sodium (%): 7% 8% Total Carbohydrate: 29g 58g Total Carbohydrate (%): 10% 19% Sugars: 18g 48g Dietary Fiber: 2g 2g Dietary Fiber (%): 8% 8% Protein: 3g 3g Vitamin A (%): 0% 10% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 4% 4% Iron (%): 8% 8%INGREDIENTS:
Cupcake Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono And Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Skim Milk Solids, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate).
Frosting Mix: Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1.
Marshmallows: Corn Syrup, Sugar, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Dextrose, Water, Gelatin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate.
Chewy Cherry Drops: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Dextrose, Food Starch-Modified (Corn), Malic Acid, Acacia Gum, Citric Acid, Confectioner’s Glaze, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Red 40.
You will need:
For chocolate cake
1/4 cup water
3 TBSP. room temperature butter
8 baking liners
For chocolate frosting
8 TBSP. room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP. milk
1. Preheat conventional oven to 375°F. Line muffin pan with 8 liners (not included).
2. Combine cupcake mix, water, butter and egg*. Using an electric mixer, mix on LOW just until well combined.
3. Distribute batter evenly into 8 muffin cups. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
1. Beat room temperature butter on HIGH until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar; beat on LOW until combined. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
2. Cut 1 1/2 inches off the tip of the piping bag. Drop decorating tip into bag and push down firmly (half of tip should be exposed). Insert bag into a tall glass and pull down over the edge of the glass to hold it open. Use a spatula to fill with frosting. Twist top of bag to secure, squeeze frosting down to the tip, and set aside.
3. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Refer to box for inspiration. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and press mini marshmallows into frosting as desired. Top each Rocky Road Cupcake Sundae with a chewy cherry drop, place on a serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 3 TBSP. flour to mix, bake at 375˚F for 14 to 17 minutes. Makes 9 cupcakes.
Yield: 8 Rocky Road Cupcake Sundaes