Candy Cane Brownie Mix
Serving Size: 1/16 of package Serving Size Grams: 27g Servings Per Container: 16 MIX PREPARED Calories: 100 250 Calories From Fat: 15 100 Total Fat: 1.5g 11g Total Fat (%): 2% 17% Saturated Fat: 1g 5g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 25% Cholesterol: 0mg 40mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 13% Sodium: 40mg 55mg Sodium (%): 2% 2% Total Carbohydrate: 23g 37g Total Carbohydrate (%): 8% 12% Sugars: 17g 31g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 3% 3% Protein: <1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 4% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 2% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors.
Peppermint Crunch: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor (Peppermint), Red 40, Glycerin, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Lecithin.
Brownie Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Silicon Dioxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate.
You will need:
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 TBSP. water
8 TBSP. room temperature butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBSP. milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan or line with foil and grease.
2. Combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs*. Stir until all ingredients are mixed. HINT: for chewier brownies, reduce vegetable oil to 2 TBSP. and continue as directed.
3. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Allow to cool to room temperature completely before frosting.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter on HIGH for one minute, or until light and fluffy.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar and beat on LOW just until combined.
3. Add milk and beat frosting on HIGH for 1 minute until creamy.
4. Spread evenly over top of cooled brownies. HINT: Use an offset spatula to create festive swirls. Sprinkle with peppermint crunch.
5. Cut with plastic knife to make slicing easier, place on serving tray and enjoy!
**High Altitude (over 3500ft): Add 1/3 cup flour to mix; increase water to 1/4 cup.
Dark non-stick pans: bake in 9×9-inch pan at 325˚F 30 to 35 minutes.
Shiny aluminum pans: bake in 9×9-inch pan at 350˚F for 28 to 33 minutes.
Yield: 16 Candy Cane Brownies