Salted Caramel Brownie Mix
Serving Size: 1/16th of package Serving Size Grams: 28g Servings Per Container: 16 MIX PREPARED Calories: 100 140 Calories From Fat: 15 50 Total Fat: 1.5g 6g Total Fat (%): 2% 9% Saturated Fat: 1g 1.5g Saturated Fat (%): 5% 8% Cholesterol: 0mg 25mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 8% Sodium: 220mg 230mg Sodium (%): 9% 10% Total Carbohydrate: 22g 22g Total Carbohydrate (%): 7% 7% Sugars: 16g 16g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 3% 3% Protein: <1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Brownie Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Silicon Dioxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate.
Caramel Topping: Corn Syrup, Sweetened Condensed Whole Milk (Condensed Whole Milk, Sugar), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup Solids, Butter (Cream, Salt), Less Than 2% Of: Water, Disodium Phosphate, Salt, Pectin, Artificial Flavors.
Rock Salt: Coarse Salt.
You will need:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 TBSP water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan or line with foil and grease.
2. Combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs*. Stir until well-blended. HINT – for chewier brownies, reduce vegetable oil to 2 Tbs. and continue as directed.
3. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
5. As tempting as it may be to serve while warm, brownies need to cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. A plastic knife makes cutting easier. Place brownies on serving platter.
6. Set caramel pouch in a glass of warm water for 90 seconds to soften. Remove from glass, dry, and cut a small corner off the pouch. Drizzle over each brownie. Sprinkle with salt as desired. Enjoy!
**High Altitude (over 3500ft): Add 1/3 cup flour to mix; increase water to 1/4 cup.
Dark non-stick pans: bake in 9×9-inch pan at 325˚F 30 to 35 minutes.
Shiny aluminum pans: bake in 9×9-inch pan at 350˚F for 28 to 33 minutes.
Yield: 16 Salted Caramel Brownies