Carrot Cake Scone Kit
Serving Size: 1/12 of package Serving Size Grams: 51g Servings Per Container: 12 MIX PREPARED Calories: 180 340 Calories From Fat: 0 110 Total Fat: 0g 13g Total Fat (%): 0% 20% Saturated Fat: 0g 8g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 40% Cholesterol: 0mg 45mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 15% Sodium: 210mg 220mg Sodium (%): 10% 9% Total Carbohydrate: 41g 52g Total Carbohydrate (%): 14% 17% Sugars: 15g 26g Dietary Fiber: 1g 1g Dietary Fiber (%): 4% 4% Protein: 4g 5g Vitamin A (%): 8% 15% Vitamin C (%): 2% 2% Calcium (%): 8% 10% Iron (%): 10% 10%INGREDIENTS:
Carrot Cake Scone Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Dehydrated Carrots, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Spices, Baking Soda.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.
Glaze Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cream Cheese Powder (Milk).
You will need:
1/2 cup chilled butter, cubed
1 cup milk
For cream cheese glaze:
4 TBSP butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk
cooking spray as necessary for handling dough
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine scone mix and chilled butter. Mix on LOW until butter is cut-in and is the size of peas. Add milk and egg and mix on LOW only until combined. Dough will be sticky.
3. Spray a spatula with cooking spray and empty dough onto cookie sheet. With lightly sprayed hands, pat into a level circle approximately 10 to 12 inches in diameter.
4. Coat a knife with cooking spray and cut circle into 12 pieces, but do not separate pieces from each other.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, remove briefly from oven, and slice scones again along previous marks. Separate slightly and place back into oven for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the dough comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute; use large spatula to gently transfer scones to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
1. While scones are cooling, melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Add cream cheese glaze mix, powdered sugar, and milk, whisking until smooth.
2. Transfer 1/3 of the glaze mix to a smaller bowl and whisk in green color powder until desired color is obtained. Stand a piping bag in a tall drinking glass and drape over the edge to hold open. Use a spatula to transfer glaze to piping bag. Set glass aside.
3. Whisk orange color powder as desired into remaining glaze. Transfer to piping bag as instructed above.
4. Place wire rack holding scones over a cookie sheet to catch drips. Cut small tip off of the piping bag containing orange glaze and drizzle in a zig zag pattern over scone shapes to create carrots, leaving top inch of scones unglazed. Cut small tip off of the piping bag containing green glaze and drizzle leafy strands on top of each carrot-shaped scone. Refer to box for inspiration.
5. Transfer Carrot Cake Scones to serving platter and enjoy!
Yield: 12 Carrot Cake Scones