Holiday Greetings Cookie Kit
Serving Size: 1/10 of package Serving Size Grams: 31g Servings Per Container: 10 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 210 Calories From Fat: 0 45 Total Fat: 0g 5g Total Fat (%): 0% 8% Saturated Fat: 0g 3g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 15% Cholesterol: 0mg 30mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 10% Sodium: 90mg 95mg Sodium (%): 4% 4% Total Carbohydrate: 26g 39g Total Carbohydrate (%): 9% 13% Sugars: 15g 26g Dietary Fiber: 0g 0g Dietary Fiber (%): 0% 0% Protein: 2g 3g Vitamin A (%): 0% 4% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 0% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Salt.
Royal Icing Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Dried Egg Whites, Cream of Tartar, Natural And Artificial Flavor.
Nonpareils: Sugar, Corn Starch, Confectioner’s Glaze, Red 3, Yellow 5, Red 40, Blue 1, Carnauba Wax.
Color Powders: Dextrose, Red 40, Red 40 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.
You will need:
For sugar cookies:
4 TBSP. room temperature butter
For royal icing:
6 tsp. water
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash cutters in warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Lightly grease baking sheet with butter or cooking spray.
2. Combine cookie mix, butter and egg*. Mix until well blended and dough comes together.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll cookie dough to 3/16-inch thick. Make shapes with large cutter, gathering and rerolling as necessary. Use the mini tree or snowflake cutter to cut out one shape from each cookie. Place all cookies 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden. HINT: Thicker cookies may need longer baking time; thinner cookies may bake faster. Watch smaller cookies that they don’t brown too quickly; every oven varies slightly.
5. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. Dissolve royal icing mix in water, whisking well. Add powdered sugar and whisk well until dissolved. Divide evenly into 3 bowls. Add red color to one bowl, whisking well until all color is incorporated and desired shade of red is obtained. Repeat process with second bowl and green color powder. Keep last bowl white.
2. Insert a piping bag in a tall glass and pull over the edges to hold open. Use a spatula to transfer red icing. Twist top of bag to close and set aside, keeping bag in glass. Repeat with remaining piping bags and icings.
3. Cut a small tip off of the piping bags and decorate large and small cookies as desired. HINT: Cut a small tip so fine detail can be obtained, you can always make it larger later. Pipe contrasting designs with remaining colors while base icing is still wet, but allow icing to dry before piping colors side by side to avoid bleeding. HINT: Use a toothpick to drag colors gently through icing, creating marbled and other ornate designs. Refer to box for inspiration. Sprinkle nonpareils onto wet icing. Set cookies aside to dry, saving a tiny bit of icing to secure little cookies to larger ones later. HINT: Icing will set in 30 minutes. Place decorated cookies in refrigerator to quicken the set time.
4. Squeeze a dot of icing on each large cookie and place a decorated mini cut out on top. Allow to set. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft.): Add 3 TBSP. flour and 2 TBSP. water to mix. Mix as directed. Place dough in refrigerator for 10 minutes before beginning rolling process.
Yield: 10 Holiday Greetings Sugar Cookies