Dipped Ornament Brownie Bites
Serving Size: 1/8 of package Serving Size Grams: 50g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 230 280 Calories From Fat: 70 120 Total Fat: 8g 14g Total Fat (%): 12% 22% Saturated Fat: 7g 7g Saturated Fat (%): 35% 35% Cholesterol: 0mg 25mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 8% Sodium: 60mg 70mg Sodium (%): 2% 3% Total Carbohydrate: 39g 39g Total Carbohydrate (%): 13% 13% Sugars: 34g 33g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 3% 3% Protein: 1g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 0% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 0% 2% Iron (%): 4% 4%INGREDIENTS:
Brownie Mix: Sugar, Enriched Cake Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Shortening (Palm Oil, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60), Silicon Dioxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate.
Green Sanding Sugar: Sugar, Confectioners’ Glaze, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carnauba Wax.
Red Sanding Sugar: Sugar, Confectioners’ Glaze, Red 40 Lake, Red 40, Carnauba Wax.
You will need:
3 TBSP. vegetable oil
1 TBSP. water
1 tsp. vegetable oil, for coating
waxed paper, for drying
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom of 8×8-inch baking pan. Stir brownie mix, oil, water and egg in medium bowl until well blended. Spread in pan.
2. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until room temperature, approximately 45 minutes; place in refrigerator to speed up the process. Empty sanding sugar into a small bowl and set aside. Wash picks in warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
3. When brownies have cooled, cut into quarters and crumble by hand into a large mixing bowl. You can remove the crusts if you like. Squeeze crumbs into a soft dough. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and form into bites. Set on a waxed paper-lined plate and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm and make assembly easier.
1. When freezer time is close to expiring, heat melting wafers in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add vegetable oil and stir until smooth. Immediately remove brownie shapes from freezer.
2. Working one at a time, drop a single brownie bite into the melted wafers. Using a fork, coat all sides of the brownie bite and tap the fork against the rim of the bowl to shake off the excess. Gently place coated brownie bite onto wax paper-lined plate. Sprinkle with sanding sugar and repeat the process with remaining brownie bites. HINT: Work Quickly! Place uncoated brownies bites back into the freezer if they begin to soften. Reheat melting wafers if they start to harden. Insert an ornament pick* into the top of the brownie bite. Place Dipped Ornament Brownie Bites on a serving platter and enjoy!
*Remove ornament picks prior to consuming.
Yield: 8 Dipped Ornament Brownie Bites