Gingerbread Man Sandwich Cookie Kit
Serving Size: 1/8th of package Serving Size Grams: 30g Servings Per Container: 8 MIX PREPARED Calories: 110 280 Calories From Fat: 0 80 Total Fat: 0g 9g Total Fat (%): 0% 14% Saturated Fat: 0g 5g Saturated Fat (%): 0% 25% Cholesterol: 0mg 25mg Cholesterol (%): 0% 8% Sodium: 100mg 105mg Sodium (%): 4% 4% Total Carbohydrate: 24g 48g Total Carbohydrate (%): 8% 16% Sugars: 9g 32g Dietary Fiber: <1g <1g Dietary Fiber (%): 3% 3% Protein: 2g 2g Vitamin A (%): 0% 6% Vitamin C (%): 0% 0% Calcium (%): 2% 2% Iron (%): 6% 8%INGREDIENTS:
Cookie Mix: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Brown Sugar (Sugar, Cane Syrups), Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Allspice), Baking Soda, Salt, Silicon Dioxide.
Frosting Mix: Confectioners’ Sugar (Sugar, Corn Starch), Natural And Artificial Flavors.
You will need:
For gingerbread cookies:
2 TBSP room temperature butter
1/4 cup honey
1 TBSP plus 1 tsp. water
For vanilla frosting:
4 TBSP room temperature butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking pan. Wash cutter with warm, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
2. Combine cookie mix, room temperature butter, honey and water*. Mix until well-blended. Allow to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll cookie dough to 3/16-inch thick. Using the man shape side of cutter, cut out 16 cookies. Using the button side of cutter, cut out buttons from 8 of the gingerbread man shapes.
4. Place 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until done.
5. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter on HIGH for one minute, or until light and fluffy.
2. Add frosting mix and powdered sugar and mix on LOW until combined. Add milk and beat on HIGH until creamy.
3. Spread frosting onto each solid gingerbread man cookie and place the button cookie on top. Press together slightly. Place on serving platter and enjoy!
*High Altitude (over 3500 ft): Add 2 TBSP flour to mix; increase water to 1/4 cup.
Yield: 8 Gingerbread Man Sandwich Cookies